As we know that pests and insects that are banished during floods do not just disappear. For example, ants will cluster on top of the water until they find a dry area. The most common pest problems after a serious flood tend to be ants, mosquitoes, cockroaches, rodents, and spiders and if the wood in a home is not properly dried out, the pest problem could get worse even months after the actual rainfall.
When you use toxic pesticides then it will help to reduce pest problems has become a common practice around the world. You can see the effect of pesticides not only in agricultural fields but also in homes, parks, schools, forests and roads. It is difficult to find where pesticides aren’t finding from the can of bug spray under the kitchen sink to the airplane crop dusting acres of farmland; our world is filled with pesticides.
How to Control Pesticides and Provide Safety:-
- Firstly fix the leaky plumbing problems and don’t let water accumulate anywhere in the home and water don’t collect in trays under your houseplants or refrigerator.
- Close the windows and other off places from where pests can enter and hide. For example, caulk cracks and crevices around baseboards. Use steel wool to fill spaces around pipes. Cover any holes with wire mesh.
- Store your food in plastic or glass containers. Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash cans. Remove garbage regularly from your home.
- Check for pests in boxes before carrying them into your home.
- Products used on lawns and gardens that are tracked inside the house and affects on all your family members.
- Clean up any excess moisture on counters or sinks right away. Cockroaches like water and can swim.
- Keep your container by tighten its lid and take out the trash often. Place outdoor bins as far from your house as possible.
- Always clean under large kitchen appliances such as refrigerators and stoves because food debris can often collect in these spaces and responsible to attract pests.
- Pick up all food spills and crumbs right away from your house.
For more information about pesticides, you also refer Back 2 New Cleaning in Brisbane which provides Pest control Brisbane and also deals with Non-Toxic Treatment Alternatives and Catching the Toxic Drift.